This article provides Setup instructions through website wifi.wavlink.com for the Wavlink Extender so that it can connect to a wireless internet modem or router. Using a WIFI booster, you can boost the signal of your existing wireless network and make sure that all devices far away can always connect.
What is Wifi.wavlink.com?
Wifi.wavlink.com is a web address that is the only way to connect to the wireless range extender. To use a web-based setup to set up a WiFi repeater or extender, the user must go to Wifi.wavlink.com to connect the extender to the main modem or router.
So, here's how to get to the page where you set up the Wavlink extender:
- After turning on the wireless repeater, switch it to the repeater mode.
- When the power light comes on, use a laptop or tablet.
- Use the Wi-Fi settings to connect to the EXT network.
- Once you have a connection, you can open any web browser, like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- Then type Wifi.wavlink.com in the address box.
- It will now redirect you to the screen for setting up. Type "admin" in the password section which is default.
- Once you're logged in, follow the instructions on the screen to connect your repeater to your main modem/router.
How to manually access the Wifi.wavlink.com login page?
Let's quickly review the manual process for installing the Wavlink extender:
- Connect your main router or modem to your Wavlink extender.
- You're set to go when the extension's firm power light turns on.
- Take out any device with wifi connectivity, such as a laptop, tablet, or phone.
- After that, select the wifi option in the settings of your wifi device.
- There will be a network name called Wavlink Extender Setup Ext .
- Once you've established a connection to the 'EXT' network, enter Wifi.wavlink.com into the address bar of any web browser.
- You'll see a new extension setup page on the screen.
- A great starting point is wavlink.com. As stated in the Extender Setup instructions, install/connect the extender.
Wavlink extender setup using WPS Button
One of the easiest ways to connect the extender to an existing wifi network is to use the wireless protected setup i.e. WPS button.
Follow the steps below to set up the extender:
- The first step is to put the extender close to the main wifi modem or router.
- Connect the Wavlink range extender to the internet and turn it on.
- Wait until the power LED is solid green before going further.
- Once you see the power LED light, press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, go to your router or modem and push the WPS button on it.
- Your router and extension will both have a green light that blinks.
- Give the extension 1-2 minutes to connect to the home WiFi network.
- The Wavlink extender has been set up correctly.
- Go to Wifi.wavlink.com and log in to finish setting up.
How to update the latest firmware through Wifi.wavlink.com?
With the firmware update, any bugs or slowdowns that happened while using the booster will be fixed. Even so, the official company does not recommend that you all update the Extender's operating system if it is working well.
When you need to update the software on your Wavlink extender so that it works better and more accurately. Follow all of the steps given below to make this happen.
- Go to our ap.setup site where you can get the latest firmware for your booster.
- To get the firmware file, you have to extract the file which you have downloaded.
- Open any Internet browser and go to the web-based Wavlink page or type in 192.168.10.1. Now, click on "Setup," and then choose and click on "Upgrade Firmware."
- To open the extracted firmware file, tap the Choose File/Browse button.
- The last step is to tap "Apply" and wait until the process of updating is done.
- When you update your booster's firmware to the most recent version, it will fix all the bugs in your repeater.
- After you upgrade, your Wavlink Wi-Fi range extender will also have many changes and new features.
How to reset the Wavlink extender
- To reset the Wavlink extender to its factory settings, make sure the extender is properly plugged into a power outlet.
- Now, find the pin hole on the repeater where the factory reset pin goes.
- And use a paper clip or toothpick to push and hold the reset button which is inside the hole for 10 to 15 seconds.
- When you reset the wireless booster, the power led light will turn amber.
- Wait until the power LED goes all the way to green.
- Follow the steps above to set up the Victony WIFI extender again.
If you need any help regarding the setup process then feel free to get the help of our technical experts which is available 24*7.